Tuesday, January 22, 2013

-11 outside without a windchill factor? Let's go somewhere!!

Thanks to some generous family members, we renewed our Children's Museum membership as a Christmas gift for the kids.  It is MUCH harder for me to take them on my own, now that Finn is running all over and not exactly "Mr. Listen when I speak" yet, but we still had a great time.  I'm pretty sure we are only going to go on Tuesdays, when they don't allow groups or field trip, and only at opening...unless I have help.  :)  They had a great time, but I'm sad to say Layla did have her first "out and about accident."  I think she was having so much fun that she was completely ignoring her body.  You can see the change of pants in the videos.  ;)

*In all fairness to Layla, though, I feel like I should mention that she has gotten up dry two days in a row now!  The first night she had a horrible night of sleep and woke up 2 or 3 times...so when she woke up she asked to go potty twice, and because of that she was dry all night.  Last night she went the whole night on her own and then woke up dry.  She just might night-potty-train herself!  (Which is good, because man we did not want to set alarms to wake up a cranky, sleepy toddler and try to get her to pee at 3:00 a.m.  Haha! Phew!  Bullet dodged...for now...)

Seeing Dora and Diego in the special exhibit:
This video ends with Finn giving Boots a kiss.  :)

You can hear Layla's high-pitched excited noise in this video:  "Ticka-ticka-ticka-ticka-ticka!!!"
Finn ALSO kissed Diego.  :)

Water play area:
Layla hates getting her sleeves wet.  I had to roll and unroll them for her about 15 times.

Grocery store fun:
Humming to herself as she works...