![]() |
| ...but I still think bringing meals to new moms is extremely important!! |
I am part of a group on Facebook called "Babywearing International"--the local Twin Cities chapter. Someone posted this today, and it reminded me of how excited I am to get even better at babywearing with #3 here.
With Layla, I wore her in the Moby some for sure, but she was a "difficult" child, and I found myself just holding her in my arms a lot as I could do that...with only one child. However, my productivity was not exactly...amazing.
With Finn, he pretty much LIVED in the Moby through age 5 months, and then the Moby and the Ergo after that, up to 18 months or so. I could easily still wear him in the Ergo if I were not pregnant...
With #3, my goal is to learn about/become an expert at wearing kids on my BACK, not just in the Ergo (which I still like, for sure), but in woven wraps.
Turns out there is a crazy culture of wrapping out there, which I knew nothing about! It's been fun to follow these Babywearing International women on Facebook and get to know some of the lingo and ideas before #3 is born. I just signed up this month for a membership--it's $30 for a year. Anyone can go to their meetings for free, because they really want to spread the importance of babywearing/keeping your young children close to you (which I am totally, 100% behind, for sure. The things our modern, Western culture tries to teach new/young mothers about how to care for a baby drive me absolutely nuts. And, I'm delighted to say, modern Science--along with ancient wisdom from almost every culture on earth--really does not back up this modern idea of "leave your baby alone," "let them learn to be alone" "you spoil a baby by holding them too much," "babies try to manipulate you with their cries," etc. I've done a lot of brain research and developmental research over the past 5 years--boy is that informative. Research, research, research. ), BUT that fee allows you access to their lending library. They have loads of wraps and carriers, and at every meeting they'll let you borrow anything you want, for unlimited time, and teach you how to wear it right then and there.
JACKPOT! :)
I'm so excited to give this a shot, although chances are I won't have my feet under me as a mom of 3 until this fall, so maybe it'll be more of a winter learning experience.
We haven't purchased a single baby item this time around...mostly because we have everything we need, and anything else we'd want right now would be a luxury (like a video monitor, which I know I don't need--and NO ONE should buy me one. Seriously. I don't have a smart phone anyway, so the kind I liked most doesn't even work for me...although Jonas could maybe watch the baby nap at work if he wanted...hah!). Mostly, I just need to buy a few diapers, wash a few clothes, and I think we'll be set then. ;) That's nice--it means I can put off getting ready for another 4 weeks or so...hooray!
