I keep getting magazines in the mail (Athleta, Lands End, etc.) and I make the mistake of looking through them.
For the longest time I didn't do this while pregnant, because...why bother? Nothing in there fits me anyway.
But now?? Now I'm 35 weeks pregnant, and I long for the day when I am NOT pregnant...and not wearing maternity clothes anymore. So I've started looking at the magazines.
Bad idea.
You should never, ever buy clothes for your post-baby body when you are 35 weeks pregnant. I think the hormones mess with your reasoning there. :) Your body is going to look pretty awful for a long time after having a baby, and having new clothes that don't fit that body doesn't do anyone any favors. Especially you...well, me, in this case.
Don't worry, I've resisted so far. But I've been tempted! Especially by those long, summer maxi dresses. Ummmmm, love those. Sigh.
Now everything gets filtered through my "will this work to nurse in??" question. (Speaking of nursing, if you've had a nursing bra that you loved, please send the make/model my way. I've been hunting lately, and I'm pretty sure there are probably only 3 good nursing bras in the entire world. Lame. )
** Random side note: Braxton Hicks contractions?? Wowza. I think I pretty much never had them with either of my other two kids, but this time around they are working me over pretty good! Sheesh!