Well, I'm there.
That "stage" of pregnancy where just about nothing works right anymore. :( I have been in constant pain for the last four days because little girl wants to kick my ribs and upper abdomen with her knees and feet--CONSTANTLY. That area of my body feels like it's continually on fire, and then every now and then it's like someone is trying to drill through my ribs right there. Awful. Frankly, it also makes me pretty tense and stressed out, so little things in life just PUT ME OVER THE EDGE OF SANITY, where as normally they'd be no big deal. The only time I get any relief from this pain is when I'm lying down on my right side, almost more like being on my stomach (no easy thing to do when pregnant), so there is a lot of pressure on that area. Then I don't feel the pain. OR I can use both hands and push down really hard on the area. Neither of these scenarios are helpful for living a normal, productive life. On Tuesday the pain was so bad that I didn't want to sit up or drive at all--so I didn't bring Layla to preschool, and I didn't go to the Moms group at church. No fair ruling our lives, baby girl!! :(
Sigh. This feels early to me. I hate the thought of 4+ more weeks of this pain, give or take.
Today at my 34/35 week appointment I was actually down 2 lbs from my last visit, I guess...so that makes for 12 lbs total weight gain this pregnancy. I wish I had the energy to delight in this information a little bit more, but it's all relative. I'm sitting on my bed cross-legged right now, and if I look up I can see myself in our standing mirror. Um... yeah. 12 lbs or no, that just looks HUGE to me!
Things were fine at the Dr., but they checked my blood and my heparin levels were low, so I'm now on the higher dose of lovenox, at least for the next 3 or 4 weeks. After that I'll most likely move to actual heparin shots, but we'll see--my nurse told me today that protocols have changed since I had Finn, so maybe I won't have to do that.
My fluid levels were higher this visit than last visit. This seemed like a small concern to the Drs, but not a big deal. I asked about it, and I guess it usually means one of two things: 1) a mother who has gestational diabetes, who they need to watch for preeclampsia (this is NOT me), or 2) a large baby who has a higher than normal output of urine. All signs are pointing to large baby right now, which is fine by me.
So, that's that. It hurts too much to sit up right now, so I'm going back down on my right side. :)
*Update: my belly button is BARELY HANGING ON.