Croup.
Sigh. My poor kids and their croup tendency. Although, I have to admit, this has been the best winter when it comes to that--only one bout for Layla in late fall/early winter, and this will be Finn's first of the winter too.
I put some RC and Thieves oil on him before bed, because I wasn't sure what exactly he was fighting off, but when he woke up at 11:45 with "the cough," I knew. I lathered him up in oils then, and gave him some spongia tosta pills to help with the cough itself.
Here is his "fighting croup off" homeopathy lineup:
Granted, I can really only do this with Finn's type of croup. It comes on slowly, I can identify it, and I can help him fight it off. With Layla? No such luck. She goes to bed totally fine and wakes up completely unable to breathe, so she's my ER baby. In fact, I JUST paid off the bill for her last ER visit a few days ago. Frankly, I'm glad for at least one kid I can treat at home--ER visits, even with insurance, are just too darn expensive!