It was a delightful vacation, just exhausting with the age Cora is...but still fun for sure. And we missed the family that did not/could not come. :/
One of the highlights for me was binge-watching season 3 of The Newsroom in the theatre in the basement. Yes, there is a theatre in the basement. It's awesome. And I spend 6.5/7 hours by myself, with only one nursing break. Folks, that is the longest time I have been alone since...um ...I don't know when? I would say when I was in the hospital with Cora, giving birth, but nope, there were tons of people around me then. I guess that is the last time I was kid-free for that long: giving birth. :) For an introvert, who gets energy from being alone, being a stay at home mom does present some very logistical challenges, that's for sure! But they are not little forever, and they don't need me this much forever...it's actually quite short, as stages go...so I'm happy to sacrifice myself for them in this small way in the present, and I look forward to more alone time in the future!!! :D
And now for what you really care about: Pictures of Cora, and a few of the other kids. Thank goodness Renee captures all family events...Cora quite seriously prevented me from getting anything on camera, but I did get a few videos during the rain.
![]() |
| All day. Every day. Everything. Every time. |
![]() |
| My big, brave girl: thumbs up for faster! |
![]() |
| Love of water, man. |
![]() |
| Sigh... |
![]() |
| Renee says to Dan and Jonas "Act like you like each other!" This is what they did. |
![]() |
| There was a big storm one afternoon and Cora loved playing with the hail after. |
![]() |
| That's my boy! Loving life, running through the massive puddles, while it's still raining... |
![]() |
| Pretending to jump. Sometimes her heels come off the ground a tiny bit. |
![]() |
| Mama, such a meanie. Keeping Cora from death once again. |
![]() |
| Finn fell of the tube once. He was very brave, but scared after getting into the boat. This is a consolation sucker. :) |
| Jonas worked from Ben Caron's office most days...but sometimes he had to get work done on the deck. Poor, poor Jonas. It was a rough work environment. |
| Boating around the lake...check out that boat house! |
Layla rocking the tube:
Finn, barely moving on the tube, after falling off the time before:
During the sun rain:
Puddle splashing after:





































































































































