Saturday, September 24, 2016

Layla's Birthday!

Yes, I know, I've been a bit tardy lately with my blog updates...sorry!  :(  I'm still getting my feet under me when it comes to homeschool, and how to do that well without sacrificing the rest of life as well, so for right now extra time-consuming things get put on the back burner.  Hopefully I'll get things figured out sooner rather than later, and I'll be back to blogging more regularly.

Layla turned 7 on September 20th, and there has never been a child who counted down to her birthday longer, or more meticulously, or with more delight than Layla this year.  WOW is she happy to be 7, and to be having parties...haha!

We had a small family dinner on her actual birthday, then her Berube family party is this coming Saturday (a shared party with Jonas and my Mom...we're doing the August-October birthday then, haha), and then her party with her friends is the next day.  Word to the wise:  DELAY parties with friends as long as is humanly possible!  For us, that was age 6.  Small.  Unimpressive.  Nothing fancy at all.  That is what kids birthday parties should be until then.  ;)

Here are a few photos/videos from our dinner together on the 20th.  Thank you, Grammy and Aunt Laura and Co for sending your very thoughtful presents!  Layla loved them all.

Layla opening Grammy's first gift:

Layla opening Grammy's second gift:


Opening the Calico Critters from Aunt Laura and Co: