Thursday, December 1, 2016

Cinderella

Tonight I took Layla and Finn to see Cinderella at the Children's Theatre Company in Minneapolis.


Oh mercy, guys.

I laughed at least half of the time.  It was a riot!  I would say at least 70% of the jokes were geared at the parents, and they had us rolling.  The number of movie quotes and current pop songs that they worked into the production was pretty impressive.  

Finn LOVED it.  He has a problem with loud noises, so he kept his hands over his ears the entire first act to dull the nose.  Not like there were that many loud noises...it's Cinderella, for crying out loud...but still.  As we were leaving intermission a CTC worker saw Finn preparing with his hands over his ears (still out in the loby) and offered him a pair of noise canceling headphones for the second act.  Those made ALL the difference.  He was fully engaged then, and laughing and jumping up and down for most of the last act.  

Lala had a lot of fun for the first act, but then started acting *off* and sad for the second act.  She wanted to sit on my lap, and wanted to leave as soon as the show was over...which was too bad because FINN was out in the lobby, jumping up and down and dancing with the cast members.   I wish I had gotten video of him, but sadly I was too consumed with helping Layla at that moment...who threw up.  My poor girl.  Luckily for everyone there, we made it to a garbage can, but I'm pretty sure that was not the picture people wanted to leave with as everyone filed past us out the door.  They gave us bags to take with us, and she needed them on the drive home as well.  I have no idea where this came from for Layla, as she was acting fine all day...even up to intermission.

The odd thing about Finn today  was his mouse bladder.  I had him go to the bathroom before we left the house, then he HAD to go again 30 minutes later even before we left the parking ramp to go into the theatre, so I had him go behind the garage.  When we go to our seats he had to go AGAIN.  6.5 minutes after going outside.  And he wasn't kidding, either!  Then he went at intermission, and AGAIN when we got back to the parking garage.  What is going ON today????

Layla and Finn fell into bed when we got home, and then Cora woke up, after being asleep for 4 hours already.  She was fully awake, wanting to read books, play with toys, and for sure she needed to eat a banana.  The banana we did, and now she's back to sleep, but man.  I don't have any idea what today was about.  I'm going to pretend this whole day just didn't happen.  :)

The play was super fun, though!  I'd recommend it for sure.  Hearing Finn's laugh is one of my favorite things ever, and it was out in full force tonight.