Friday, December 23, 2016

Sugar Cookies

Due to the past dairy allergies, I have never made sugar cookies with my kids.  Ever.  What's the point, right?  Let's make these cookies you can't eat or even taste-test the dough??  Now with diary and eggs gone, we're having lots of fun in the kitchen!  

Layla was ALL.OVER.THIS project.  From start to finish she was engaged and super responsible.  If only I could take all of the credit for it, as her parent, but alas...I think it's just her wonderful personality.  :)  This also makes me feel better, because then I'm not also fully responsible for what Cora acts like these days...haha.

Cora's main goal during this time was to destroy.  She had some fun playing with her ball of dough, rolling, and pressing the cutters into the dough, but mostly she was just throwing stuff around and bothering her siblings.  LORD give me PATIENCE!!!  :)







This is what happens when I say, "Hey, Cora!  Smile for mama!  Smile at the camera!"



Layla was baffled by her lack of smiling ability, so she tried to show her how to smile properly.

I rolled out the dough the first few times, but after that Layla did it all on her own.
Flour, rolling, cutting, moving to the tray, frosting, etc.  She was loving it!









Ah, a natural smile, of sorts.




Finn came home from skiing in time to get in on the fun, too!





How we roll:  heavy on the frosting and sprinkles, light on the following the rules or coloring in the lines...haha.





The sound of sprinkles hitting the floor in large numbers:  a new sound for my audio library.