Thursday, April 27, 2017

A Year with Frog and Toad




Tonight the older kids and I went to see A Year with Frog and Toad at the Minneapolis Children's Theatre.  It was a very simple, sweet play, and the kids enjoyed it for sure.

On the way out Finn asked what was the next play we were going to see (this was our 5th play of the year because I got a nosebleed-seat subscription as part of my homeschool budget for the year).  I told him I didn't have anything planned yet because this was the last play of the season, and I was still trying to decide if I should renew for next year.  Finn looked at me in horror:  "WHAT????  No more plays?????"  Haha.  I am delighted they are enjoying the play experience so much.

The noise-canceling headphones makes Finn a very happy boy for plays.

I got to sit next to Elsa this play...imagine that!



We barely made it in time today.  First, I forgot the tickets and had to turn around and drive back home to get them.  This NEVER, ever, ever happens to me.  EVER.  I'm still reeling from a bit of shock...haha.  My brain has been a bit fuzzy lately...maybe I need to work on making sure my days are not as buys as today was.

NEXT, we got to the theatre with 10 minutes to spare and it was a mad house.  There was an event going on at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, which is in the same building as the Children's Theatre, so things were insane.  No parking, anywhere.  All my usual ramps were full.  I finally found parking on the street along the highway, 1/2 block south of Franklin Avenue.  Sketchball territory for sure.  But, we didn't get mugged, so it all worked out I guess.