Saturday, March 3, 2018

Baby update, and some random kid stuff:

Had another Dr appt this past Thursday, per my usual.  I have 2 weeks until my next appointment, then one every week for 4 weeks...then a week off before baby comes.  FIVE MORE DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS until baby comes!  Dang, we really need to finalize a name soon.  When we do, I will tell you.  I'm not a secret keeper at all.  And I don't care if you like it or not, or what your opinion is on the name...haha.  :)



At this last ultrasound all checked out fine.  There was a *slight* concern about how much fluid I was carrying, but it's within the normal range.  Baby is still measuring large, in head size and weight.  They estimate he'll be over 9 lbs when born...and that's at 39 weeks!  Imagine if I were left to go into labor on my own...haha.  9 lbs gave me pause for a moment, but then I remembered Finn was 8 lb 13 oz at 39 weeks as well, so it's really not that big of a deal.  Finn wasn't any harder to push out than Layla was, and he slept and nursed much better than she did right from the start, so bring on those big babies man.  The *well padded* ones seem a bit more chill about life from the get-go.

This baby is currently measuring around 4.5 lbs, I'm told.  I have also, finally, gained weight:  3 lbs so far.  I'm not surprised at all, as my appetite returned with the 3rd trimester and I now get intense, annoying hunger pains throughout the day.  I caved and went to Costco to buy a bag of their almond cashew cluster, and a bag of turkey jerkey, so I can always have something easy on hand for eating on the go, or just eating quickly.  My hunger seems to give me NO time for cooking these days, so leftovers or quick things it always is.  And yogurt and granola.  However, I have to say...that turkey jerkey, man.  I'm having a hard time with it.  Technically it tastes fine, but for some reason the texture is throwing me off this pregnancy.  I can't help but thinking every time I eat some "this is dried FLESH," and that never does much to settle my stomach down.  Maybe this baby is a vegetarian??  This whole pregnancy is certainly the least I have ever desired meat of any kind.


The ultrasound tech gave me a bunch of slightly odd 3-D pics, which are not my fave, but I am impressed with how the 3-D technology has improved since Cora's pregnancy 4 years ago.  The pictures she gave me didn't really SHOW this advancement in technology, but still...I'm always impressed by it.  The pictures though?  They kind of creep me out.  The two pictures here are of the baby's face pressed up against the side of my uterus, or the placenta...I forget which.  You can see some cheek, eyes, nose, and lips.  Part of his right arm is also visible, which was up and over his head in a lounge pose.  Baby boy also already has lots of hair, I'm told.  They gave me a picture of that too, but it was boring...haha.

The other kids:

Renee came by on Thursday evening and brought gifts from Hawaii for everyone.  Here are the kids on Friday morning, wearing their Moana/Hawaii necklaces, and acting out songs from Moana.

Here is Layla this morning at ballet/tap, working on her routine for her performance in May/June.