Last Thursday Layla and Cora went over to play at a friend's house, and the boy of the house came home with me and Finn. They spent most of their time playing snap circuits, legos, and make-believe stuff. Pretty sweet.
Last Friday the kids were enjoying the sun, the balmy 38 degrees, and the fun snow fort Papa helped them build in the back yard.
On Monday of this week we went to Costco after picking up Cora from preschool. Eating at Costco with the kids is so darn cheap...like $5 for all of us to eat. Okay, fine then. :)
I sent Jonas the above pictures of the kids at Costco and he replied "worst picture takers EVER." Haha. It's kind of true! They WORK HARD to make these type of faces!
Yesterday was the first of my weekly Dr appointments leading up to baby boy's birth. I have 4 more left now. At these appointments I do a BPP (biophysical profile...ultrasound where they look for very specific things, like baby practicing breathing for a certain amount of time, etc), and a NST (non stress test...hooked up to 2 monitors that measure baby's heartbeat, any contractions I may have, and then I have to push a button every time I feel baby move. This takes 30 minutes). And then after those I have an OB check! My Thursdays from here on out are comprised of securing my babysitter, driving to the Dr., being at the Dr, driving home from the Dr, and then a church admin meeting. That takes me ALL DAY. Haha. Sigh.
![]() |
| Hanging out for my NST. It's actually almost relaxing. I just read for 30 minutes! |
![]() |
| 33+ weeks. Baby is huge. |
![]() |
| Here he is! Ultrasound technology has certainly improved since Cora's pregnancy 4 years go. |
Yesterday I made one of Finn's favorite meals: puff pastry. It's just those sheets of puff pastry you can buy from the grocery store, rolled out and cut in half, and then filled with rice, ham, onions and corn. It's a very boring meal, haha, but man does Finn love it...Cora too! Layla is not a fan. Ah, well. 2 out of 3 is not bad these days...
![]() |
| Finn will eat this entire plate and ask for more. |
![]() |
| Cora is wearing her new swimsuit here, for the 4th day in a row. This child feels no cold, ever, it seems! |
Instead of doing some of our school work today the older two kids and I started decorating for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. This made them VERY happy. :)
![]() |
| Thank you, Grandma, for all the crafts you do with them that last more than 1 year! |
And last, we also constructed a countdown chain to the end of our school year! I only do formal book school with the older 2 on M/W/F mornings, so we counted up the days we have left and made our chain! This made them both incredibly happy, as it's been a long winter and they can't WAIT to get out our pool and swim all summer again. Bring on spring, please, MN!























