![]() |
| Here they are right before leaving. |
| Showing off her coloring to anyone who will look in her direction.... |
| This child will never allow herself to be ignored. :) |
It sounds like the play was PERFECT for their ages (preschool and K), and both kids could not stop talking about it and laughing about their memories as they recounted them to me the next day.
The funniest part of the night, for me, was when Jonas got home at 9:30 and carried up a sleeping Cora to her room (she had fallen asleep instantly on the way home, as it was well over 2 hours past her regular bedtime). She woke up as I started putting her pajamas on, and she started doing that tired sobbing...you know the one, where the kid just wants you to stop whatever they are doing and let them go back to sleep? Well, she was tired and out of it, but she was also really excited that she had been to the play, so she continued to weep while telling me "I had *sob* so much *sob* FUN!!" It was pretty adorable. Her brain and body were not working together. :)
Jonas was the lucky parent who got to take the kids to this play because 1) I played the I'm-35-weeks-pregnant card, and 2) Layla had been begging me for months to have some "special alone time" with me before the baby came. So sweet. Making time to be along with each of the kids is frankly not something Jonas and I are great at...we're awesome at family time, but alone time with each kid ends up sounding like lots of work in the evenings, haha. We'll get better, we'll get better! So, Layla got over the sadness of not going to the play quite quickly because she got her long-asked-for alone time with me. It was VERY simple, and very easy: we ordered burgers for dinner, and then we watched a new Swan Princess movie together in the living room. That was about it. But she was completely happy with it from start to finish. I was incredibly uncomfortable the entire movie, trying to find a position to sit in that allowed her to snuggle up to me while not making me super uncomfortable because of the position of the baby. FAIL. I just couldn't do it. After the (thankfully short) movie ended we moved upstairs to my bed where I could lay on my left side and finally relax a little, and we talked a bit. Everyone had a great night, in the end.
