Layla, Finn, Cora and Kellan Schaefer's blog, for all the family members far and near who miss and love them...and who don't mind such a shamelessly Schaefer children-centered space.
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Sunday and Monday
Sunday afternoon, after church, Uncle Dan came over to hang out, and he brought delicious Thai food with him...so he won all the prizes for that day. We had a great media-free day, per our Lent routine now. (Layla is counting down the days until Lent restrictions on our media time are over, haha, but the other two don't seem to care that much. AND, I am up to 20 bags removed from the house. *huffs on fingers, rubs them on shirt* *realizes that pride probably does not go well with the attitudes and intention of Lent*)
Layla's picture...a self portrait with a lady bug.
I love that she made sure to give herself her freckles.
And she insisted that I do a close-up of the lady bug.
Uncle Dan is a good sport...he got roped into quite a few games of Guess Who.
This kids regularly call Uncle Dan "Mr. Dan." It's pretty funny. Dan Davis is winning around our house!
They were a *team* against Layla.
Sunday night we had "Family story night," where Jonas makes a fire, we make popcorn, all the lights go out, and most of us take turns telling stories. Finn and Cora are INTO this. BIG TIME. I got a few short videos of Cora standing in front of the fire, taking her *turn.* .
On Monday, the kids figured out they could use Layla's Kindle to scroll through very old photos and videos I have uploaded. They were LOVING that, especially the videos from when Cora was a baby. Good times. :) . This made Layla all the more excited for when baby #4 comes. Fingers crossed this one will take a bottle, mostly just so Layla can fulfill her dream of regularly getting to feed a baby. I don't really need him to take one for any other reason. Poor Layla. Cora only took one for about 4 weeks!