(I'll write up his birth story later on, but for now here are some of the photos Renee took during and after the c-section. I am always so thankful to have Renee there at the end of all my labors, partly just because I treasure the photos she takes so much after the fact...I'm never that "with it"mentally to store away all those moments in real time. But THIS time she was with me for around 24 hours in the hospital, and she spent the good majority of that time being a legit doula for me because my BODY WAS FORCING ME TO HAVE A NATURAL, PAIN FILLED LABOR!!! I'm so thankful she was there to talk me off the ledge mentally for so many hours. Her poor hand...I think I squeezed it to death a million times over. So, that's what you need to know for now: Renee is amazing, and I'm so thankful she was there during this time.
Jonas is amazing and wonderful too, and all that good stuff about him, but Renee was who I needed during THAT particular horrific day of my life...haha. 3 cheers for the doula photographer sister!)
Side note about the pictures: I could not believe how relaxed the hospital staff were about Renee taking pictures during the entire procedure! She got pictures from the other side of the screen of them taking him out of my uterus, etc! I mean, geez! Haha. I spared you most of those. :) also, these are out of order right now, and maybe some day I'll go back and fix that, but for now I'm just taking advantage of a nap to quick get some photos up here on the blog.
 |
| My crew. |
 |
| Pain free for the first time in 24 hours. Sigh. |
 |
| Papa stepping up and doing skin to skin in my absence... |
 |
| First sights. And come on, folks...just a teensy bit of blood. :) |
 |
| Being numb is NOT awful. |

 |
I forgot to caption this picture, and it's a funny part of the story to me. :) This is me signing the paperwork saying I wanted her to add on tying my tubes to the c-section surgery.
As I was laying there the surgeon said to me "Well, I'm looking at your tubes here...do you want them tied?" I had been under the impression that they wouldn't tie tubes unless it was a planned c-section (and there is no way I'd tie my tubes on my own as it's a way more invasive surgery than a vasectomy is for a man, so Jonas was on deck for that procedure coming up shortly), where they had time to discuss this ahead of time, so I was very surprised, but for sure ALL IN for her tying my tubes. Jonas was out of the room at the time and she asked if we should go and get my husband to discuss it with him, and I said "Oh, no. No need. Just go right ahead. He'd be VERY thankful, because it was his turn to take one for the team in the birth control department!" Jonas's exact words when he found out they were going to tie my tubes? "Oh, hey! Great! Thanks guys!" Haha! As I was signing the paperwork Jonas asked if there would be any sort of emotional ramifications for me...by which he was meaning, any hormonal changes, imbalances because of the tubes being tied, etc. The Dr. thought he meant would I be sad about this later, and she said "Well, yes, that can happen...many women grieve the loss of the ability to have more children.." at which point, all 3 of us...Renee, me, and Jonas...all were like "Oh, haha. No. Nope. NOT what we were talking about, and NOT gonna happen to Lisa." Haha! So, pleasant little surprise and helpful addition to a sucky 24 hours of labor: we are officially done having children, AND Jonas didn't have to go through the fun of the vasectomy procedure! Winning.
|
 |
| After he was cleaned up: 2nd look |