Finn got up at 6:45 this morning...after a rough night of sleep. He's still dealing with sickness, poor little guy! I actually thought about bringing him back to a Dr./Urgent Care yesterday because he was so.cranky.
Layla got up at 9:15 this morning. The only reason she woke up THEN is because I thought I heard her talking, went in to turn off her white noise, and woke her up! Sheesh! She wanted to go back to sleep, but I had sort of ruined the mood by then. ;)
Now, to dream of the day when both my children sleep like Layla. :)
*And no, don't for a second think that I've forgotten that Layla used to be a horrible sleeper! Finn isn't as bad as she was by any means. It's just that she's been a good sleeper for a year now, so Finn is my new measuring stick for "not great." However, I do know that he will be good sometime soon...turns out they all grow into sleep. :) Hard to remember when you are totally exhausted for 3 years in a row, but it just happens. Also, you don't have to be harsh and mean about it either! I'm regularly thankful that we/I stuck to our guns on this issue and haven't made bedtime into a sad, stressful thing at our house. Now more than ever I cherish snuggling with my kids before bed, or rocking Layla as I read to her. This is a good thing. These are GOOD times. The end.