1. I would say that, at this point, potty training with Finn is about 80% successful. That missing 20% is mostly likely my fault. With Layla, the first two days we were potty training her we had an adult by her side AT ALL TIMES. At the start you want to make sure they "get it right," so we were there to catch her if anything seemed off for her. But, she was totally fine. Finn is really "making" me train him at this point, which I wasn't planning on/didn't really want to do, so...I've been less than vigilant. In fact, I've been MISERABLE at sticking close to him. :) This has resulted in scrubbing the furniture a few times--gross. Layla never did that!--AND, worst of all, he pooped on the floor of the changing table today, and on the changing pad itself. This was about 2 hours after Jonas left for KC, so maybe it was a silent protest for his Papa, like dogs sometimes do? Nah. It was not. He just doesn't "get it" yet, and I was not there. Sigh. Layla found this and was so grossed out by it. She came running to get me and complained about the smell, of course, for hours after. :)
2. I forgot to mention Finn's escape from the crib two nights ago. He has only climbed out of his crib once before in his life, and I think it was a total fluke. He couldn't figure out how to do it again (months ago). So, the other night, when he was so miserable and sick, I was doing everything I could to help him sleep/breathe/not cough at night: Essential oils on his back, chest, and feet, humidifier going with essential oils and vicks vapor steam in it, Hylands homeopathic cough syrup, Hylands homeopathic cold tablets, diffusing essential oils in the room...AND last but not least, I propped up one end of his crib at a fairly significant angle so his nose might drain better. Yes. Yes, I know. This all sounds like crazy-lady overkill, right? Wrong. You guys, he was up 15-20 times the night before! I was SHOT. I was going to do anything and everything to help him (and ME) sleep. So, despite all of this he was still waking up coughing and such, and then around 12:00 a.m. he comes sauntering out of his room..."Oh, hello Mama!" Like "Fancy meeting you here!?!?!" Yeah. I guess that blanket under his mattress was all the boots he needed to make it over the top. Tonight it's GONE. :) He tried to climb out when I put him in tonight, but no luck, so eventually he settled down and went to sleep. Fingers crossed for THIS night, sans Jonas. (Oh, and last night he really only woke up twice--that was his first night on antibiotics from the Dr.--so maybe that was what he needed all along. Doesn't matter, though, I'm still doing all my witch-Dr. stuff just in case... ;) )