Friday, October 18, 2013

*Yawn*

Random updates from a very tired Mama:

1.  Finn is naked right now.  He has basically been naked for several days now.  Two days ago he decided that clothes were VERY optional, and no matter what I do/put him in, I find him naked within about 20 minutes.  I found out outfit he couldn't get out of, but he made my life so miserable for the 1.5 hours he was wearing it that I decided it's just not worth it: naked it is.  So, we've been doing some potty training.  I don't think it's as effective at this age (2.5-ish) as it was when we trained Layla (3 years, 4 months...and she really trained herself at that point), but oh well.  I'm not rushed or "trying to MAKE THIS HAPPEN!" so hopefully it'll just be positive.  That's all I ask at this point.  I suppose I could try duct taping his diapers to his body, but...eh.

2.  Same child had a VERY rough night last night.  He's been sick for 2-3 days, mostly with a VERY runny nose during the day, and then constant coughing/choking on his own mucus at night.  His breathing got worse last night too, so we're off to the Dr. today.  Jonas leaves for a tour of KC BBQ joints with Scooter and Ben on Saturday, and I need healthy and sleeping kids by then! Seriously, though, I think Finn woke up at least 15-20 times last night because he couldn't breathe/was coughing.  Poor kid.  :(  He was misery.  He finally woke up and stayed up at 4:30 a.m.  *yaaaaaaaaawn*

3.  Layla woke up at 6:00 today.  Just because.

4.  I know I had more to say, but my brain is fried.  I'll remember it later and come back to update, if I'm not asleep on my feet...

I remembered one!
5.  Layla has been so funny about smell lately.  She acts like she has the world's most sensitive sense of smell.  She can't stand the smell of a ton of things that I think have almost no smell at all...like apples, for crying out loud!  The funniest one is bananas, though.  If she is even in the same room with a banana (out of the peel) she sort of flips out.  Gets as far away from it as she can, covers her mouth with her hand, and hides her head in her arms.  Wowza.  Seeeeeeeeeeeensitive.  :)  Now imagine her reaction to something that actually HAS a strong scent, in my opinion...yeah...