Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sneaky

Sooooooooooooooooooooo...

Layla.

She has added a skill to her behavioral development in the last few weeks:  being sneaky.

I'll sometimes notice her finding something she knows she can't have, and rather than give it to me (as she used to do) she'll look at it for a moment, then this "LOOK" will come over her face, and she'll hide it behind her back.  Right in front of me.  In the most laughable, obvious fashion ever.  And then slowly back away from me.  Smiling right at me.  

Oh, honey.  


I am raising a little SINNER!!!! ;)

This above video was taken yesterday afternoon.  I told her she couldn't paint while I was making dinner because it was too messy.  Her response?  "Okay.  I want to go outside to talk to Papa."  She went through a LOT of work to get dressed, find her shoes, etc. and then went outside to Jonas...with a box of paints in her hands.  I let her, mostly just because I wanted to see this play out.  :)  She came back in with the box open, hid it behind her back, and edged out of the kitchen.  She set up the paints on the bottom of the 2nd floor stairs, then went and got herself a glass of water...so I wouldn't see her in the kitchen.  Then she came back in and told me "Mama, I need somepin to draw on."  Paper...the final step.  So, I got her some and asked if she needed some crayons or markers:  "No."  Big smile.  Loving her own deception.  Little STINKER!  I probably shouldn't have let her go on, but I was just so curious.  :)  After a while, without me SEEING her, she somehow moved the entire operation out to the back porch steps.  I guess that makes sense...less likely for me to find her out there.  But I have no idea how she got it all by me in the kitchen.  So, then I saw her and filmed that video.

To her credit, she didn't make a mess at all.  ;)

This is so ending soon.  Jonas and I had a little "chat" about it last night and are ready to go into action now.  ;)