So, today I get to go BACK in and be seen by the colon-rectal surgeons.
Because things have become "not quite right" over the past 3 days.
I'll be taking wagers now. What do you think the issue is?
1. Fistula, requiring an actual surgery in an actual OR tomorrow, or
2. Mystery problem, possibly a second abscess developing.
More later, I'm sure. We just can't do without a little drama around here every 3 weeks or so, it seems!
Update:
I will spare you all the long, boring details, since we did so much of that last time. Long story short: I am not near death. Should I happen to actually be developing a fistula, we won't know that for a month or two at the earliest. As of right now it looks like my abscess healed too fast (as it sometimes happens in "young, very healthy people" says the Dr. Thanks Doc. I'll take it.), and it wasn't quite done...emptying...so it basically re-formed and then emptied on its own, as there was already an incision site as a weak point.
Man I feel sick just writing this all. Such gross stuff we are possible of in our bodies, huh? Sigh. This is about as far from classy as I can get.