Friday, November 7, 2014

Jonas

Jonas is at the hospital right now for a scheduled surgery.  Your prayers for a good operation and quick recovery would be greatly appreciated!  He'll be home from work all of next week, but because he gets ZERO sick time (one more bonus of being a contract employee, not actually hired by Target...), he has to try to work the whole time from bed.  So, prayers that he can actually accomplish things through pain and meds too would be great.

Jonas told Layla he was going in for a surgery 2 days ago.  I didn't know this.  Yesterday, when Layla woke up, we were sitting with Cora in Finn's room and she turned to me and said "Mama, I want to pray for Papa."

Me:  "Okay, that's a good idea.  You go ahead."
Layla:  "You fold your hands like this.  Then you close your eyes.  Then you bow your head and you pray" (clearly a very preschool thing)  "Jesus....um, Dear Jesus?  Please help Papa at the Dr get a shot and feel all better.  And help me to obey him I love him so much.  In Jesus name....amen."  (She said something else in there too that was super cute, I just can't remember it now because I was a puddle of emotions).
Me:  TEARS everywhere.

Update:  Jonas is alive, well, and resting upstairs.  ;) The surgery went totally fine, no complications.   He was home by 1:00 p.m. this afternoon and even casually walked out to the van when I pulled up, like it was no big deal.  I'm super impressed.  I think he's on some great meds right now!  ;)