Sunday, October 4, 2015

Papa creates a treasure hunt:

You know, I know you all love your guys, and you think they are they best and all of that, but sometimes it's so obvious I win.  Hands down.  :)

Jonas spent the last month planning a DETAILED treasure hunt for me and the kids.  We did it last night, and it took well over 2 hours to complete, start to finish!  It was crazy detailed, with such cute little artistic stamps on everything.  He's such a designer at heart.  :)

The kids loved it.  I wish I would have been filming or taking pictures during the whole thing, but I was too involved at that point to even think about it!  I took some pictures here at the end, when everything was over.

(Side note:  You should have seen Finn FREAK OUT with excitement when we put the first two pieces of the treasure map together and they matched.  FREAKED.OUT.  It was so cute.  He loves treasure maps, and of course Jonas hand-drew a pretty awesome one...)


Cora was INTO it.  Big time.  Also loves eating pennies...





SUCCESSFUL treasure hunters!!!






Oh, the detailed story of how this treasure came to be!!

Showing me the gold beads found in the treasure chest...

Finn immediately took one of the cigar box clue holders and began filling his OWN personal treasure chest...

This was seriously buried by the side of the garage.
Layla's face while digging it up:  elation.


One of the first items we found in the attic...



The magnifying glass, key code, and bottle that was hanging in the bushes out back...

No treasure hunt is complete without some lemon juice writing revealed by flame and heat...

I guess that's about $140 worth of coins...haha!  They kids are going to be bummed when it has to be returned to the bank.  ;)
We'll of course "trade" for some dollar store treasure, I think...