It was one of Cora's top 10 most difficult days of her life so far, that's for sure. Poor thing was misery incarnate.
Teething absolutely SUCKS for my kids. I do not want to talk to any of you "Oh, wow! Look at that! My kid just grew 4 teeth peacefully overnight" parents... ;)
I *think* Cora is teething again, but I'm not 100% positive (could be all 4 canines coming in at the same time...that would be my guess...). I gave her both kinds of pain meds today, alternating schedules, and it barely seemed to help at all. So that's not a great sign. Also I've been kicked out of the running for "Mother of the Year" for my very liberal use of pain meds when it comes to teething...ha.
In other news, Layla is having an easier time in school. Saturday her special necklace arrived, and she wore it all day Sunday and to bed Sunday night. On Monday she left me without any tears and said "See, Mom? The necklace is working!!" When she got home from school she presented me with a cute little note that she had dictated to her teacher for me, then she wrote her name at the top and drew us below. *melt* I'll post pictures of both her note and the necklace later.
Here is a picture from Layla at school today (via a cool app her teacher uses to send updates of what they are doing throughout the day). There are 2 full classes of kids sitting there in her classroom because they were meeting their E1 (1st and 2nd grade classrooms) buddies. Layla is in the brown dress on the right hand side, next to the girl with the big "G" on her shirt. I'm sure she was happier than she looks, right? Haha.
In other news, I'm selling a bunch of stuff on FB buy/sell/swap groups this week to try to fund some money for a dinner out for our upcoming anniversary. Darn it if those special occasions just NEVER fit into the budge, right?? :) So, it's going well, but MAN is it ever stressful for me. I have no idea why, but I feel like I have 20 balls up in the air, and dropping one of them stresses me out...even though I logically know it truly should not. I'm not sure where this puts me on the "type A" scale, but I'm guessing in the "sheesh" range... ;)
