After our Christmas morning as a family we headed over to the Millers house for appetizers around 1:00 and dinner around 5:00. I think everyone would agree with me that we have really been stepping up our game in recent years! I brought pot stickers, as usual, and there were all sorts of other amazing things to eat (during appetizer time): cucumber boats with dill salmon filling and capers, baked mushroom caps with gruyere cheese and french soup onions, artichoke dip, a fancy cheese ball by Andrea, etc. It's just an awesome spread.
Then we hang out and digest for a while, then eat a fantastic dinner! It really should not be allowed. :) We had the usual: Amazing steak--cooked to perfection by AP--Aunt Peggy's veggies, a great salad, gruyere baked potatoes (J's favorite of all time, ever...it's what he lives to eat, frankly), crusty baked bread, more potatoes by Erin...and the list goes on.
This doesn't even begin to address the desserts! The lime sugar cookies and salted caramel shortbread are still top of my list for sure.
* A favorite moment: When Colby poured beer on his steak instead of A-1 sauce. A bold move, for sure... ;)
I'll admit: my stomach hurts a little. I may have pushed it to the max today...but who can blame me?
 |
| The favorite sitting station: RIGHT by the food and drinks, with most rooms visible... ;) |
 |
| Watching fun stuff... |
 |
| Twirling. Her new most favorite thing to do. |
 |
| "Mama I'm a true PRINCESS!!!" |
 |
| Lauren's boyfriend Colby got in on the twirling. |
 |
| Bonus points for Colby! |
 |
| Finn sneaking down the stairs. |
 |
| And, caught. |
 |
| Checking out the new tree. |
 |
| Doing a crossword puzzle online. They got a lot of help from Dad. ;) |
 |
| Grandpa doing "Ride the Horsey" for a bunch of kids... |
 |
| The line: |
My poor baby Finn! I feel so awful for him. He's going through MAJOR skin issues right now. Two nurses have identified it as very bad eczema, but man...I'm about to take him in to the Dr. tomorrow if he has as bad a night tonight as he did last night. He is so uncomfortable in all his clothing and is constantly scratching his skin. He regularly gets hydrocortizone cream and lotion put EVERYWHERE, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Even Benadryl at night isn't doing much! I just feel awful for him. He is misery. :( I think he is scratching his back in the photo below...and at the end of the night he had to be completely stripped down, he was so uncomfortable. Then he peed on the kitchen floor. I may have forgotten to mention that part to Aunt Peggy, but I did clean it up...
 |
| Finn has a way of wondering into photos... ;) |
 |
| Leah getting a ride...the grand finale! |
 |
| Layla and Aunt Andrea! |
 |
| Double duty! :) |
 |
| ...and there he is again... |
 |
| Cookie frosting time! |
 |
| Watching Leah, the pro... |
 |
| "This. Is. Disgusting." |
 |
Eeeeeeeeeeewwwww.
She hates anything that might make her hands messy. |
 |
| (Layla spies sprinkles) |
 |
| Her finished product. Hmmmmmm. |
 |
| Dad checked out for a while... |
 |
| Up to NO good, for sure... |
 |
| Discussing the light colors. |
 |
| I can't remember what was happening here... |
 |
| ...but they found it VERY funny. |
 |
| Playing "Peasant" in the basement. |
 |
| The year of technology games. |
 |
| Post dinner discussion. |
 |
| Watching Claire rest. |
 |
| Opening presents! |