Saturday, December 22, 2012

Finn:

I am about to force Finn to quit napping.

Remember when he used to wake up SMILING from naps?  I would poke my head over the side of his crib  and there he would be, grinning away...swaddled tight, legs kicking.

(Hmmmmm, maybe I should just swaddle him again...)  ;)

Anyway, these days he wakes up SO.CRANKY. from every single nap.  In the mornings he is okay, but nap times are awful.

It takes him two full hours (I really wanted to use all caps there...) to wake up and be happy.  During these two hours he cries for 75% of it, hangs on me/clings to me for 85% of it, and tries to hurt Layla for 50% of it.  Sometimes those three things can all be happening at the same time, believe it or not.  If a normal nap is 1.5 hours long, is that worth a 2 hour recovery period?  Hell no!!! I think not.

I'm so tired of it.

I'd rather have an exhausted 20-month-old at 6:30 p.m. than a well-rested kid who cost me two hours of productive time during the day!  It's not like this time can even be used to "love on" my kids and enjoy them! It's just 2 hours of chaos and crying crowd control.

Done.

SO done.

*Or, it could be teething, poor kiddo.  What a mean mommy he has...