Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

It's 10:00 and I'm waiting for my Christmas morning cinnamon roll dough to rise, so I thought I'd update the blog.  :)

We had such a lovely Christmas Eve service at SPF tonight.  I always love it...it's so sweet and quiet.  It's very dark inside...just candle light and the star hanging up front.  The music is low-key, and all the great Christmas hymns just make me smile no matter what.  This year it was a total Horsman/Schaefer show!  Renee and Jon played and sang, Jonas played violin and sang, and Claire and Anja even sang a song with Renee!  So incredibly cute.  


I think this video is of Jonas playing along to one of my favorite Christmas Hymns:
(Okay, nope, just checked it, it's Claire and Anja's song...the first 2 verses...but I'll leave it in anyway because it's very, very cute...)  :)

Here is Jonas and the hymn "I Heard the Bells":
(I love that he is willing to do this kind of stuff!  He was a good sport because he really only had about 45 minutes of practice total, and he didn't have music...just had to sort of wing it by ear.  Not bad, baby!)

There is no childcare on Christmas Eve, since it's just a 45 minute service...and man did we miss it for Henry and Finn!  They are not-so-much in the "sit quiet in church" stage of life yet.  Thank goodness for Uncle Greg!  He ran them the whole time in the fellowship hall.  


Then it was off to Mom and Dad's house for our appetizer party.  This year it was so much smaller than normal, but still a great time.  Of course, on this day when I really wanted Finn to take a great nap he took almost no nap at all.  We left around 8:00 p.m. and both of our kids were near meltdown.  But boy did they have fun up until that meltdown!  :)

Finn, enjoying a rice krispy Christmas tree!

Layla joined him.

They were very dedicated to eating these trees.  

"Wait...what the HECK is this anyway????"

Eh, who cares...

Here you can see Layla's FAVORITE new shoes from Grandma and Grandpa.  Oh, mercy.  These shoes.  She loves them.  


Anja is the best kid to take pictures of.  Ever.  


Living room #1 fun.  

Living room #2 fun.  

The food.  Amazing stuff.  No crappy food...for real!

Cute Claire.  

Zoned Henry.  

Outta here!

And we're back!  New ways to eat trees!



Henry and Finn both love to play with this little manger scene.  

Uncle Greg is Henry's favorite.  



Jonas pretty much ate an entire salmon on his own.  

Grandma gave each kid a little gift...

Finn got a car.  Jackpot.  

What is it, what is it???

Oh my goodness!!!!

Wait...what is it???

Lip gloss!  Oh, Layla, welcome to the world of makeup.  :)