Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas morning:

I don't have any pictures from early this morning because I only used video first, but here are just a few from our cozy Christmas morning.  It was really special to spend it in our new house, and even better to have some family there--Greg and Andrea are such amazing guests.  She helps me all the time, and he entertains the kids.  Win-Win!!  (Just an example of how great Andrea is:  I mentioned on FB that my first-time-ever cinnamon rolls didn't rise at all.  When they got back to our house late on Christmas Eve she stayed up until 2:00 a.m. making NEW rolls for me, and doing all my dishes. THEN this morning she helped me make the pot stickers, the salted caramel shortbread, etc.  I.LOVE.HER.)

For gifts, Jonas got a bunch of nice stuff from Ben, but "I" like his brown house coat best.  Now my red robe is free again.  ;)  Thanks, Ben!  

I got a Costco gift membership from Holly.  I am VERY excited about this gift.  I've been scoping them out for a while and hope to get about a 30% saving on many things.  The trick will to be to not buy the expensive, don't need, yet cool stuff... ;)  Thanks again Holly!  

Our Christmas morning in videos:





The kids came down the stairs to find their two Cozy Coup cars under/by the tree.  They obviously loved those--thanks Aunt Andrea and Uncle Greg!!--and played with them for quite a while.  Then we had Greg and Andrea take them away for a while to we could put a few more presents under the tree, including Grammy's fun sled, and then brought them back in to see it all and open the gifts.  We skyped with the Schaefers in Virginia for most of this time--missed you guys!  

Layla and Finn playing with the new car rug and parking ramp from Mama and Papa.

I got these all on a Moms buy-swap-sell FB group.  Super cheap used toys.  So amazing.  Love it!

So glad to have more family here to share this fun day with us!

Turns out my cinnamon rolls were NOT a failure!  They didn't rise at all in the bowl, but I baked them anyway and then rose in the oven and turned out great!  Go figure!!

Yes.  New tradition.  Check.

Finn talking about snow...

Just waiting for the parents to catch the hint...

Imagining all the fun...

"Mama take a picture of Wayah!"


Getting a bite of cinnamon rolls...

Layla took this picture with my camera.  

And this one.  



The thinker.

Gosh I love this girl.  :)