This little stinker!
I've tried twice to put him down for naps today. On this second attempt both of the kids were down for at least "rest" time, i.e. Layla was playing in her room and Finn was in his crib with the lights off and white noise on. Maybe sleep would happen, maybe it wouldn't, but at least I got a moment to myself.
I went back upstairs after about 30 minutes because I heard LOUD sounds coming from Finn's room...sounds that should not have been possible with him where he was.
Turns out they were possible because he was NOT where he should have been! He had climbed out of his crib. I came up the stairs just in time to see him finally get the bedroom door open (the loud noise, as he was also banging a bucket against it in hopes that it might help the process), exit, turn around, and then close his door.
He looked up at me like "What???? The door is closed. Nap time is OVER."
Oh, nap time. Sweet, sweet nap time. Maybe you are over. :(
OR maybe Mama just needs to get more creative with containment for cribs...
I need to post a camera in his room to figure out how he got out. Layla has NEVER, ever climbed out of her crib...at 3+. It only took Finn 1 month of sleeping in a crib before he was SO done with it. The child is motivated!
