Monday, May 23, 2016

Duluth, part 2: The hotel pool and water park

As difficult as it was to take pictures outside in the brilliant sunlight, it was equally as difficult for me to get good shots inside...only one end of the pool had natural light sun lights above it, so the other end with all of the activities caused me all sorts of trouble.  I really should just practice more and learn to use my editing software (Renee is teaching me this on Berube family vacation this year!  Wheee!), but yeah...we all know that's not gonna happen at this stage of life.  Haha.  :)

Layla LOVES this pool.  Finn does too, especially the round whirlpool area you can see in the first sets of photos here.  I had no idea how Cora would do, as we've really never taken her to a pool...the last time we were here I was very, very pregnant with her.  Well, clearly true to her personality, she did FINE.  Loved it.  We got in, and her first words to me, as she was trying to push out of my arm, were "Yet me GO!  Yet me go!!!"  Ha.  (Note:  the PuddleJumper life jackets the kids were wearing are safe for 30-50 lbs.  Cora isn't anywhere NEAR 30 lbs, but I had one for her, and she wanted to wear it to be independent, so I let her.  But she always had an adult 5 inches from her, because it wasn't safe yet. These life jackets are fantastic, though.  They are coast guard approved, and keep the kids upright without having that annoying collar up around their necks when they are in water.  Love them!)



Ms. Big girl here has grown so much in the last 2 years that she can touch the ground in the majority of the pool, AND she's a pretty strong swimmer now.  She was LOVING the freedom of choosing when to wear her life jacket, just for fun, rather than necessity.  

















She did NOT want her older siblings touching her in the water.


But she was very happy when Papa played chase...












Layla had lots of fun doing the floating bridge by herself, without a life vest.  Whoa.  Big stuff!




















She made it!

Turning to squeal excitedly at Jonas in the pool.




Jonas is at the top of this little slide, taking Cora on it.











This bucket slowly fills with water and then dumps, about once every 5 minutes.  The kids DREADED it.  Haha.  Super fun.


In the hot tub now!  Thankfully it was mostly just warm, not hot, with bubbles.
 I can't STAND hot tubs.  I overhead it about 1.2 minutes.



If you build it, she can climb it...





I think they were watching Layla go under the water here, and then pop up fast (hence Finn's flinching at the splashes).