Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My heart melts:

I was at book club tonight, so Jonas sent me a picture of our nightly ritual with the kids:  First I read aloud to them 3 chapters from whatever book we are reading together at the time, and then we color while listening to another book.  Well, I should say, Layla colors, and I color, but Finn prefers to work on his letters and tracing...he has not found a love of coloring yet.  

Cora is normally fast asleep by this time (she goes to bed at 6:00 p.m. normally), but she napped today, so she was up to join in the fun.

This is the kind of stuff that MELTS MY HEART.  I LOVE this so much.  It's also just so great for me to see because we practice stuff like quiet play, learning how to listen to an audio book, etc...but I rarely see the results without me there!  THIS means we are going to have an AWESOME summer.  :)

The video is long, but I love it.  And the second half, with Cora and her looks...mercy that child is cute.



(The book they are listening to here is Peter Pan.  I'm loving my Audible subscription!)