Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Birthday Party:

Be prepared.

There are a ton of pictures below, all taken from the very same vantage point.

Very bad photographer of me.  Sorry!  Also, many are blurry...my subjects just kept MOVING, darn it!

Layla's Birthday!

Claire and Anja decorated these cupcakes for Layla.  :)  

Layla, about to open her first gift.  


Binoculars from Grandma!

She loooooved them.


A bucket of animals from Aunt Lauren.


The camera Click from the Horsmans.

Diego's Rescue Pack and spotting scopes from Aunt Andrea and Uncle Greg.

She had to try it on IMMEDIATELY.

Aunt Andrea, keeping Finn happy so I can take pictures.

Testing out that spotting scope!

Pensive love birds.

Aunt Andrea and Uncle Greg also gave Layla a big box of licorice, her favorite kind from Trader Joe's.  She actually doesn't like any other kind...just this stuff.  She ate a TON of it (I mean a ton...enough to qualify me for bad parenting for sure) on vacation up in Bayfiend, so sweet Andrea remembered and gave her her own bucket of it.  :)

A doll carrier for her baby.

Diego's Video Watch from Uncle Eric and Uncle Dan.  BIG hit.  :)

The cake!

This girl does love her birthday songs!



WHeeeeee!  The clapping song!


Starting to blow.  Not very good at it.

Trying to get closer.  Claire playing mother and trying to keep her hair from burning.  


The rainbow insides.  It turned out...okay.  For sure not as cool as others I have seen.  Sigh.  

My purple was a disaster.  :)

Finn would NOT sit still for a picture.  His face is covered in some sort of food substance.  

The party aftermath.  

Lauren and her cute shirt, cuddling with MY Mommy.  :)
Also, she stole Layla's earrings and "forgot" to give them back at the end of the meal... 


Birthday Menu:
--  Rainbow Birthday Cake
--  Perfect steaks, cut into strips
--  Caramelized onions in a blue cheese dressing for on top of the steak.  This.was.amazing.  It's a Pioneer Woman thing, so now you know how GOOD it was, right???  I'm not a huge blue cheese fan...it's always just too strong for me...but this was heavenly.
--  Fancy bakery bread
--  Curry beet salad.  This sounds gross, and the beets ARE gross, but the rest of it is really delicious.  It's watercress, goat cheese, scallions, apples, and walnuts with a curry dressing of olive oil, garlic, red wine vinegar/fresh lemon juice, salt, etc.  I absolutely love the taste of it, but then again I love anything curry.  :)
--  Expensive wine that Dad only gave to the people who truly appreciate wine.  I was not among the chosen few.  ;)  That's okay...I'd rather my calories went to steak.

Pictures Renee took:






Trying to do "3" with her fingers...

Mowing and playing badminton.  The only way to do it.

Almost...got...it...


Ah, nope.