I entirely enjoyed it, on multiple levels, and laughed out loud a few times. It's light, witty, and yet a fun and well-rounded look into the Danish culture. Considering it's so opposite of the culture here in the US, it has an extra pull and allure for me. :)
It was a really fun start-of-summer read and got me wanting to emulate many things about the Danish culture in my own family for sure, even if my own country culture will never get there in a million years.
Okay, this NEVER happens to me, but as soon as I hit publish on this post I went to my inbox to read an email I hadn't had time for today: the first issue of Simplify Magazine (put out by Tsh Oxenrider and the Simple Collective) came out today or yesterday, and I wanted to at least take a look at it before trashing it as yet one more thing I don't have time to read these days (online things, at least...I'm making much more time for in person, real, hold-a-book things...). As I scrolled down the FIRST thing I saw was "What living Danishly taught me about happiness" by Helen Russell. Ha! So, clearly, I'm onto something here, and ALL the hip kids are reading this kind of stuff. :)

