Saturday, June 10, 2017

Recital day!!

Renee took these three photos of Henry and Cora while the rest of us were at the recital today....aren't they adorable?  I love them.  :)

Cousins sharing crackers.
Cora in a size 8 ballet outfit far too big for her, Henry in a robot suit far too small for him.
Perfect.




Why didn't Cora come with us to the recital today?  Because, PLEASE.  I'm smarter than that now, friends.  :)  It may have taken me 3 kids, but I for sure know what functions to take my kids to, or to NOT take my kids to.  The rest of us got to enjoy the cries and screams, during performances, of children who should not have been there...so I'm glad Cora didn't add to the mix.  


Right before the performance:
Grandma, Finn, and Anja wanted to come with and see the show.


Layla and her teacher Ms. Heidi.
Next year Layla will be moving up to a bigger kid class (age 7-10 ballet / tap), so we'll miss Ms. Heidi.  :(
Layla did GREAT in the show.  She had that thing locked down in her memory.  Jonas got a video of it on his phone, but it's likely pretty bad because you could only film from way in the back of the auditorium.  I'll post that when I get it.  In the video of the practice you can see Layla start out in the back, on your left if you're looking at the screen, then when they switch places she moves around to the front right side.  

We're super proud of her hard work.  Just my guess here, but I think she might enjoy tap more than ballet.  :)

Then we came home to our usual summer fun location:  the pool.  The lake that is 2 blocks from us actually opened up the beach and a NEW splash pad today, but...you know...that pool out back is so darn convenient...haha.  
Jonas got in after a few hours spent sailing the boat for the first time this year.



When Layla got out of the pool she disappeared for a while.  I found her on the couch, letting her hair drip dry onto a towel and reading all of the fun books Grammy sent from Germany.