Saturday, June 3, 2017

Summer!

This is it, folks!  It felt like the start to summer today.  

Layla had her last ballet lesson for the season before her performance next week.  

Then she had her last swimming lesson of the season (her last one is actually next week, but she'll be missing it due to her ballet recital).

We're DONE with all the schedules and routines of the school year, as much as Layla enjoyed and thrived in many of them.  

On to the freedom and relaxation of summer fun...MN does this season best, folks.  We're gonna have so.much.fun this summer.  I can feel it in my bones! :)


As I think about the summer ahead this year, I'm trying to be very careful to NOT over schedule and over plan things.  There have been fun opportunities for the kids that I've said no to, simply because I want them to have more down time, more un-structured free time, more simple time at home.  But there IS one VBS I am for sure going to sign them up for in July, because, hello!  They take ages 3-5th grade.  Do you know what that means?  I'll be KID FREE from 8:45-12:00 every day for a week!  I can't even begin to think about that.  I'm so excited.  Stay tuned for "all the fun things Lisa did in her free time" posts in July...(most likely it'll be work out and shower...living on the edge...).