Layla, Finn, Cora and Kellan Schaefer's blog, for all the family members far and near who miss and love them...and who don't mind such a shamelessly Schaefer children-centered space.
Monday, October 20, 2014
Day 3
Potty training Finn, day 3, was a great success! He had no accidents at all. I still don't think he gets how his body feels when he needs to pee though, so the success was mostly because I set a timer and stuck by it as far as reminding him to try to go. He would often say "But I don't have to go potty!" and then he'd step up to the toilet and go, usually accompanied by a surprised/shocked "I DID it!!" But, hey--accident free. I'll take it! We even went on a walk and I had him pee in the leaves at the park...boy did he think that was hilarious. He didn't poop at all today, though, so there is that--tomorrow should be interesting. More than you wanted to know about Finn's bodily functions? Probably. But that's all I've got today because I forgot to film when we were on our walk. Bummer, too, because it was another perfect day around here. October sunlight is the most beautiful, I have decided.
Another random child update: Cora is right at the stage of dropping down from 3 naps a day to 2 naps a day. 50% of the time now she doesn't take that last 30 minute nap (the one that allows her to get to bedtime in a happy state of mind). Sniff. Sad day. She's also CLEARLY going through some developmental changes, because her daytime sleep is all wacky for the first time in her life. Her naps are shorter, she wakes up crying from them sometimes (unheard of before...), etc. She's basically going from being the most amazing daytime napping baby EVER to becoming a normal napping baby. Boooooo. But, hey...she's almost 6 months. It couldn't last forever, and I knew it, but MAN was it awesome. AWE.SOME. I find I'm wearing her a lot more these days just because she is UP more and I still need to get the same amount of stuff done.
Cora has also decided she would always rather be outside. And she has figured out how to make that wish known. It's pretty cute. We end up taking more walks than normal these days because 1) it's fall in MN, and you have to just soak it up, and 2) she's communicating to me! I can't NOT give in. :)