This year I don't really have anything more to say that is new. October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month, and October 15th is specifically the day dedicated to remembrance. So, I post this today in remembrance of all the babies I wish I could have known, held and loved, but really, for anyone who has been through it--you don't need a day set aside. You remember it always. How you remember it just changes with time.
When people ask me how many children I have I say three...because, frankly, it's just too awkward if I'm fully honest, but I also get what they are asking: how many children do I have living in my home. However, sometimes it's nice to say what is really true: I have FIVE children, and two of them have died.
This graphic above is actually a bit misleading, I believe, because the statistic is that about 27% of all pregnancies will end in death for the baby. It's not that 1 in 4 women (25%) will experience this horrible event, but that each and every pregnancy has a 27% chance of ending this way. Maybe they are saying the same thing...I'm not sure.
This graphic above is actually a bit misleading, I believe, because the statistic is that about 27% of all pregnancies will end in death for the baby. It's not that 1 in 4 women (25%) will experience this horrible event, but that each and every pregnancy has a 27% chance of ending this way. Maybe they are saying the same thing...I'm not sure.

