Layla, Finn, Cora and Kellan Schaefer's blog, for all the family members far and near who miss and love them...and who don't mind such a shamelessly Schaefer children-centered space.
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
1st full day of vacation: MADNESS FALLS
So...haha. Yesterday was an awful day. :) The kids were horrid, from the start of the day to the end, and I was extremely low on patience and practical ideas for flexing with their high emotions. I took no photos because I was constantly in child correction mode, but at the end of the day Jonas took Layla and Finn out on the boat, so I got a few photos of that.
Today has been better. Pray for us. We can't do another day of yesterday. True story! ;)
(Hmmm, maybe I lied...turns out I do have a few more photos of yesterday...)
Layla still has to read me a book and play 3 violin songs for me before she can have any screen time, even on vacation. She thought this was horrible unfair. I told her I'd be happy to read to HER for 30 minutes in exchange for her 1 book of reading to me. She chose to read to me. #winningmama
Cora chatting with me on the deck.
She asked for a pony tail just like Layla's, and like Layla's doll.
This is basically why I chose this house: The dock is RIGHT off the sand, and the lake. I can sit on the dock all day. :) We don't have to go on a hike to get to the lake...it's right there. LOVE that.
Cora was in bed now. The wold itself took a deep breath and got much more peaceful.