Saturday, July 29, 2017

A stay-at-home summer Saturday:

...and by stay-at-home I mean stay in our immediate neighborhood...haha.  We went to the lake 2 blocks from our house this morning.  Cora LOVES the small splash pad area, new this year.  The older two kids are much more lake swimmers.  













Layla brought her American Girl doll from Grammy with today, complete with a scuba outfit.  JUST IN CASE Phalen all of a sudden became a deep, interesting lake.  ;)






Finn was practicing vampire moves with the towel.  
 When we got home Jonas took Cora on a few errands with him (because...CRAZY CHILD), so the older kids and I took advantage of the quiet in the house to do some art!  We did an Artventure video on how to draw dolphins.  It was a little harder for the kids this time, but Finn persisted with a happy attitude, and Layla continued with minimal tears at not being perfect at art yet.  I so feel her pain.

We drew with pencils, but I introduced them to chalk pastels for the first time.  They are a huge help for coloring large areas quickly, especially when I just don't want to deal with the mess of watercolors...

My dolphin.  



Layla wanted people to know that her dolphin's tummy is so large because it is going to have a baby in a few days.

He LOVES doing this.  :)