Sunday, July 9, 2017

Sunday the 9th: Vacation time!

This morning Jonas lead worship at church...his first time doing so, I believe!  He did all hymns, and it was lovely.  :)

After church we rushed home, packed up BOTH of our cars (Jonas brought his too to bring his boat, and the kids bikes), and headed off on vacation.  We'll be gone today through Friday of this coming week...pretty fun.  It's our first "real" vacation as a little family...most of our other times have been 1 night away in Duluth, or on vacation with my whole family somewhere.  NOT that there is anything wrong with those forms of vacation in the least, for sure.  It's just another important way to make memories, right?  :)  

When we got here (a lake in Zimmerman, MN) we mostly just sat on the lovely deck right by the water and watched the kids swim and play.  After Cora went to bed I finally took a few photos...haha. Our goal is to play one game together as a family (after Cora is in bed every night.  Sorry, Cora, but...yeah.  Necessary.) after dinner each night.  Tonight we played one that was already at the house, designed for ages 3+.  Jonas could have left it 5 minutes in, I'm pretty sure, but the kids LOVED it...lots of laughing and chatting  

Despite how Layla looks, she was enjoying herself...


As I sit and type now there's a big storm right over us...so fun to hear and see on a lake.  Funny how it's never this magical at home, right?  Anyway, here are Jonas and the kids below, looking as the storm and lightning approach from across the other end of the lake:
This is from our deck, RIGHT out the back door.  It's so great.  I can see the kids swimming from the living room, kitchen, or eating area.  I can sit on the deck and read while they swim.  WIN.  








While waiting for the storm to hit us we had traditional vacation snacks and began reading a new read-aloud:


More tomorrow! :)


Layla and Finn play so well together, but ESPECIALLY so after Cora goes to bed or before they should be going to bed.
Then they appreciate every moment spent together...haha.


Hanging their heads over the dock backwards.  Naturally.