Friday, July 14, 2017

A random batch of vacation photos from the last few days:


There was lots of SCREAMING FUN had around this blue inner tube.
Cora, of course, is swimming in her clothes.  She did this 28 times on vacation.




Sitting funny and being pulled out "to sea" by Layla...





Finn and Papa go to explore the island...with a cigar, of course.


While Cora slept and Finn/Jonas went to explore the island, Layla and I tried to cook one massive marshmallow.  With matches.  On a really windy day.  It took one one entire book of matches...haha.  :)  SUCCESS!

Finn wanted to do another Artventure with me...but he didn't finish coloring his, so he didn't want a picture yet.  I love that HE loves doing these drawings.  

 Off to the park by bike on the chilly afternoon...










Cora was wearing her swimsuit when it was about 55 degrees out, AND swimming, so she asked for a coat to warm up.  Getting dressed would have depressed her, of course. 


The peace of vacation reading:  hot cocoa and s'mores while Cora sleeps...

We got home this afternoon around 1:00.  I HIGHLY recommend ending a vacation on a Friday.  Then you have 2 days to come to grips with the reality of not being on vacation before reality demands much more of you.  :)

As soon as we got home Layla ran up to her room to play, and Finn ran to his thinking chair.
He spends loads of time silently sitting on this chair, staring out the window.
It's so cute I hardly know what to do.  Jonas and I kind of want to BE Finn, with his seemingly limitless ability to be still and silent and not "do" anything.  Just think.  And be.  Amazing, right?  


Layla has been worried about our birds for maybe 9 months now, so I finally got more bird seed.  We like to keep the local squirrel population well-fed.



AND, because coming off vacation is hard, I set up a sleep-over for Layla tonight with 2 of her most favorite people on earth:  Anja and Elena.  Swimming and movies and snacks and the trampoline.  Check!