Layla has been reeeeeeeeeally needing some alone time with me lately, and asking for it all the time, so I finally had a chance to drop the younger two off at Lauren K's house this morning and take Layla out for some quality time. We went to Target first: where all good dates start out. We got a helmet for her, some knee/elbow/wrist pads for her for roller blading, and a helmet for Finn. A productive yet expensive trip, as all Target trips are.
 |
This helmet was too big, so she got one size smaller...but this same style, in a pink/purple color. The surface is dry erase, so she can write on it! She was already decorating it tonight. :) |
 |
| When we have special time together I have told Layla that I'm not ever / rarely going to buy her a toy, but I will always buy her a book. Books are worth money always, but toys are worth money rarely. :) She got a Disney princess book, which is not my favorite, but whatever...I read her so many quality literature books (reading aloud Prince Caspian to her and Finn right now), and she listens to so many quality books on audio books that she needs to have some wiggle room for seeing her current likes in books as well. So, I spend money on Disney princess books and look forward to the day when her tastes evolve naturally. I had a great time reading this out loud to her as we ate...she really is basically the best kid ever. |
 |
| She really wanted to go to a sit-down restaurant with me, even though I knew she was going to order basically a fast food meal there anyway...haha. It was the experience she was wanting. So we went to the cheapest place I could think of that fit that bill: Perkins. I look forward to the day when she develops a love for Chipotle as well! ;) |