Sunday, July 9, 2017

Friday the 7th:

I went to pick up the kids at Grandma's house after my weekly admin meeting for church.  They were dining al fresco.  So chic.  :)



After the meeting we went to pick up one of Layla's friends, and then they swam in the pool for a good few hours (did I tell you they swam for EIGHT HOURS straight on Thursday afternoon?  12:15-8:15 p.m.?  Haha.  Best amazon purchase ever, by far.)




Cora was sad and the only thing that could make her happy was some naan.  :)

This is their favorite place to dry off, because it's so warm in the sun.  Finn was telling stories to the three girls.


While the kids swam and played I sat in the shade and listened to the wisdom of some prominent evangelical leaders.
The introduction by Dallas Willard made me cry a little, as did the first chapter.  I'm guessing that will be a theme.  
 After playtime we headed to Snail Lake to celebrate the 40th birthday of a friend from church.  It was such glorious weather in the pavilion on top of the hill, with lovely breezes coming in off the lake.

Jonas, Finn and Cora off to explore the flooded section of the lake...there were picnic tables under water!  GREAT fun.
They came back smelling as foul as anyone can smell.  EVER.  :)



Corn bread from Famous Dave's.

We HAD to save this treasured feather.