Monday, July 24, 2017

A night in Duluth

We spend last Friday night/all day Saturday with our dear friends Lauren and Lars in Duluth...such fun!  The kids were talking about it for ages before we left, and even today Cora asked me when we could go back.

Family trips that cost about $30 total are the best.  Guilt free travel centered around family and friends.  Relationships trump all (as does sticking to a budget)! :)

The happy land for MN kids.





Throwing rocks all.weekend.long.  We had some near-misses.
This little miss likes to learn lessons the hard and painful way.




Layla was so excited that Erin and her baby were there as well!  



Repeat X5,678 times this weekend.  

So delighted.  Every time.









Her summer curls are the BEST.

Blowing bubbles via the wind from the boat.
Genius.





Finn loves hot tubs so much.  He jumps right in, where as it takes the other two girls 15 minutes to slowly get in.




We had to head down to the Point in Duluth on Saturday afternoon.  Perfect weather, as you can see.  The breeze there is heavenly, and cool, but the sun was warm.  I love that place.




The game for the day:  stick and seagull feathers.  *gag*








Layla humored me by covering my feet with wet sand.
I HATE the feel of dry sand on my feet.  Blech.  Wet sand is lovely, dry sand sends shivers down my back.
Yes, whatever.  I know.  I'm weird.  


Layla was the bravest in the waves and had SO.MUCH.FUN floating out farther in them.














I wish you could have heard and felt the breeze blowing my hair.  Wonderful.


Wave jumping.




How Cora has spent a good portion of the last month...


Age 3.  Have mercy.


They were heading off on a dune adventure...



Best little Mother's Helper ever.





Singing along to a DVD about the planets.

Coloring 4 life.